Wednesday, January 25, 2012

In the beginning...

I have had a history of poor response from the medical community.  I had undiagnosed PSOS.. (poly-cystic-ovarian-syndrome since puberty. This condition caused hormonal issues, monthly cycle issues, mood swings, pituitary gland and thyroid issues, hair growth and weight fluctuations. This was treated by numerous doctors with out resolution. Surgery was required (ovarian wedge resection) in order to have my daughter. They cut like a 2/3 wedge out of my ovaries which were the size of lemons (not the size of almonds) The condition was finally found but there was no known cure. I was then was diagnosed with a Thyroid tumor following my second daughters birth. The doctors took out my non-defective thyroid. I did not have a thyroid tumor. No one asked "Have you recently had a baby". Now I have to take thyroid medication for the rest of my life. So basically the chemical operating systems of your Mothers body were screwed.

As a young woman I saw many doctors and they all got excited about my medical history and each offered a course of treatment... Nothing worked. In fact, some cures were worse than the problem. ( Like the "Alcohol saturation Test" where the doctor actually gave me shots of whiskey for like four hours, while taking blood, urine, saliva to test Thyroid, Sugar and hormone levels.By the way, I drink very little). Some doctors said that my symptoms were psychosomatic when they couldn't figure out what to do. 

Then I went to see Hanna Kroger... She not only offered some things that worked but she also offered to teach me how she did it.   This was my introduction to homeopathics.
 
The process was pretty clear...1. Herbal remedies have been around for thousands of years There is history. 2. Most Herbal remedies come from the natural world, plants and the earth. 3. If your body needs something it will signal that need to you... I crave food. I crave water. I crave salt. I crave sugar. 4. An intuitive person - Mother, caregiver, trained advisor - can identify your need and offer a resolution.
 
This is the basis of my work.  I have spent the last 25 years reading, taking classes and expanding my belief systems with one goal.  To be well and help others be well...the journey continues

No comments:

Post a Comment